ANOTHER MEME I WON’T FINISH — 3/20 favourite male characters
"There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable… I simply am not there."
The Royal Greenhouses of Laeken (Dutch: Koninklijke Serres van Laken, French: Serres Royales de Laeken), are a vast complex of monumental heated greenhouses in the park of the Royal Palace of Laeken in the north of Brussels. It is one of the major tourist attractions of the city.
The complex was commissioned by King Leopold II and designed by Alphonse Balat. Built between 1874 and 1895, the complex was finished with the completion of the so-called “Iron Church”, a domed greenhouse that would originally serve as the royal chapel. The total floor surface of this immense complex is 2.5 hectares (270,000 square feet). 800,000 liters (over 200,000 US gallons) of fuel oil are needed each year to heat the buildings.
The complex can only be visited during a two-week period in April–May each year, when most flowers are in full bloom.
Two-time Oscar-winning shrug
Hawkeye in The Battle of New York
#but can we please get some fandom recognition for this guy?#because look at this#he is fresh out of mind control#and concussed; probably underfed and low on sleep#but they need him to fight (probably as much as he needs to fight because I can’t see him not feeling guilty about his role in thing)#so he fights and he does a damn fantastic job(via youandmecas)
yep those tags make up just part of the reason why clint barton is fucking amazing and important
Disney movies in order of historical setting
(Excludes most of the package films. Some films, eg The Lion King, are impossible to pin down exactly and some, like Aladdin and Treasure Planet, are anachronistic, so these are estimations. A few have been split into 2 if there is more than one time period in the movie, and sequels have been put together.)
- Tef Poe speaks at STL Co. Council Meeting (Sept. 16) (audio)
- As Mike Brown grand jury extended, patience for justice wears thin
- Ferguson mayor and city council announce town hall meetings for Monday and beyond (x)
- Ferguson - Let’s Connect the Movement. More info/Donate here.
- Gov. Nixon stumps for Rep. Jeff Roorda, the ex-cop speaking out against police body cameras. Gov. Nixon also addresses police requests for reimbursement after Ferguson
- Born To Run? In STL Co.’s Municipalities, Competition for Office Can Be Sparse
- I ❤ Ferguson? Sure, man says, but buy me out
- Meeting at Columbia Law School about Ferguson and Mike Brown, emphasizes that black lives matter (x)
- Judges seek STL Co. court reforms
I literally just went from aw to wtf.
NO BUT THIS IS WHY I LOVE LAIKA THO,
there was this big uproar over a character from paranormal being gay, so what do they do? next movie, they make a commercial that THROWS THE GAY IN YOUR FACE. They’re literally not being subtle at all about their queer representation and I fucking love them for it
Throw the gay in your face is perhaps the best thing I’ve heard all week.
Panda researchers in China wear panda costumes to give mother-like feeling to a lonely baby panda who lost her mother [x]
without context it looks like some guy disguised himself as a panda so he could sneak into their panda community and now he’s making a quick getaway with the baby panda